Food and Beverage Flooring New York City
1. Affordable – An ideal solution for food and beverage flooring is concrete polishing, competitively priced with other floor alternatives such as epoxy and various types of tile. The cost of maintenance over the life of the surface is very attractive.
2. Decorative – Polished concrete food and beverage flooring can be stained producing the appearance of marble and tile. Even slight cracks give a genuine, natural look. A polish guard sealer can be applied increasing the shine and reflection. Reds, yellows and greens from fruits, vegetables or wine bottles are pulled into the floor. This creates a unique, natural design throughout the store that other floor products cannot produce.
3. Seamless – expansion joints can be filled in with polyurea fillers that flex with movements in the floor and are impact resistant.
4. Low Maintenance – Polished concrete for Food and Beverage Flooring has low abrasion making it easy to clean floors. The process of densifying the cement surface tightens the pores. Floors become non porous and resistant to liquids and fats minimizing bacteria growth. Low abrasion creates less drag, lengthening the life of brushes, pads and mops.
5. Increased Lighting – light reflection increases the beauty of a polished surface while reducing light cost.
6. Non Slip – even wet floors can exceed OSHA coefficient of friction guidelines.
7. Flat Surfaces – the grinding process removes the high spots inherent in concrete. When concrete cures it naturally cures differently throughout the surface. Expansion joints typically have high spots. Our experienced polishing experts knows the process of removing high spots throughout the floor and at expansion joints and edges.
8. LEED Friendly – Polished concrete utilizes the existing surface. There are no solvent based or caustic coatings and an absence of VOC’s making for an ideal solution for food and beverage flooring..Additionally floors can be put into service immediately. There is no downtime waiting for coatings to cure.
Hudson Concrete provides new surfaces for food and beverage flooring and many other uses. We are based minutes from mid town New York City ( NYC ). We provide coating and polishing services throughout the East Coast including New Jersey ( NJ ), Pennsylvania ( PA ) New York ( NY ), Connecticut ( CT ), Massachusetts ( Ma ), Rhode Island ( RI ).